Glad to be a new member. Posted some work

nickb98c

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, Im new on the forum, and I think Ill like it here. Ill give a little back ground on myself...
I have been into photography for a while, but only recently have I started to take it seriously. I am 18, and in the past I have taken photos for the sake of capturing memories. Lately I've been exploreing deeper into the art, and have purchased my first SLR. I bought a Canon EOS XS back in Dec of 09, and I have already taken over 2000 pictures.

Im posting some of my favorites for criticism

Thanks!

Nick

SkiinginCO305copy.jpg

SkiinginCO088copy.jpg

SkiinginCO537-2.jpg

SkiinginCO620copy-1.jpg

SkiinginCO633copy-1.jpg

SkiinginCO735copy.jpg

SkiinginCO751copy-1.jpg

SkiinginCO755copy-1.jpg

SkiinginCO895copy.jpg

Last edited:
ImageGen.ashx

Last edited:
I love the colors in #1.... REALLY love them.

The lighting in #2 looks very nice, too.

:)

Welcome to the forum nick. I'm not really that good at giving critique,but I can tell you that you can post multiple pics in the same post. Just leave some space in between them and number them. Might save you some time.

Welcome and good shots.
The first is a tough shot to get right for alot of people, and you pulled it off well. Snow can be daunting to junior photographers, we have a few threads going on the subject at the moment.

I like the lighting in the second photo, and the feeling/eye contact. What did you use for fill light?

Thanks for the comments! I actually used natural lighting as the fill light. Instead of moving a light source to fit my need, I just moved the camera to where the lighting was best.

Makes sense now that I think about it. You got the blown highlights when you set the exposure for the face.

I enjoy the snow photos (makes me miss the snow).

You have some great shots there. I like #2, I've seen a lot of photos in this style but your one seems to just look nice, good job.

#1 shows great promise. Truly teriffic colors and sharpness.

Others don't do it for me compisitionally and some are over exposed. The ones into the sun never should have made it off the camera.

Is that where I think it is? Steamboat, CO? Love that place. Some nice shots too there.

Yep that is the boat' I can see the sleeping giant in 7. The 1st one is great and makes me excited for the pow to come!

Your correct! Steamboat is a beautiful place. I just made it back from there, and now I miss it.

VJ thanks for the comment. I really wanted to hear some C&C so thanks. The ones with the lights were basically my experimenting with my cameras settings.

Most reactions

Back