Michael P. Harker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harkerphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

I just joined the Forum and wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.

I began my professional career in 1971 in Mannheim, Germany when I was in the Army. I received one-on-one b/w darkroom tutoring from Hans Jurgen Heider, a German professional photographer who ran the enlisted men's club darkroom.

After I got out of the Army, I earned a Bachelor's of Science degree in Professional Photography from Southern Illinois University. After graduation I spent twenty-five years doing advertising photography, eleven years as an Ophthalmic Photographer at the University of Iowa Hospital and now work in the Department of Radiology at UIHC as a public relations photographer.

I have spent the last fifteen years working on my own time as a documentary photographer specializing in Iowa's historic architecture. I have published three books through the University of Iowa Press from this work.

So for 37 years now, photography has been my career and my passion. I have eighteen years experience managing professional photo labs and now work almost exclusively in digital format (like everyone else!).

If you ever have questions about film and darkroom technology or how digital imaging compares, feel free to contact me.

E-mail: [email protected]

Hope to hear from you!

Best Regards,

Michael P. Harker

Wow, what an impressive resume! Welcome to TPF, and I look forward to seeing some of your pics

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here.

Welcome to TPF Michael!

Most reactions

Back