Glade Creek Grist Mill

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, my buddy and I took a trip out to Beckley WV and ventured over to the Glade Creek Grist Mill at Babcock State Park. The conditions weren't optimal as we arrived there just after noon so the sun was directly overhead, which made it difficult to slow the water down very much and not overexpose it. Also the water level was up quite a bit and was actually more of a rapid than what I have seen in every other picture of this mill. At any rate, I'm pretty pleased with the shot I came away with. C&C Welcome and appreciated.

IMGP2805Mill2web2.jpg

beautiful shot! maybe a little more saturation to show off the fall colors.

great shot! that definitely looks like a shot for an overcast day, but I think you did a fantastic job with this one... :thumbup:

Thanks for the comments all.
JTH, you're right about needing an overcast day. I kept waiting for the sun to slip behind a cloud for a minute, but it didn't stay long. I think with this one, the settings were something like f/32 and 1/15. Would like to go back later in the day and will eventually.

Dan you're about 45" away. I'm in Bristol.

Wonderful WV shot. I should be out that way in about 2 weeks. (Charleston, WV)

Wow, excellent photograph here. I love the composition, and its ashame the conditions were not just right. Nice work

Most reactions

Back