glasses

i just had the best idea ever!!

prescription viewfinder!

Your camera might have a diopter adjustment on the viewfinder (which is essentially the same thing). I'd check the manual, as adjusting that may allow you to shoot without glasses.

Of course, the adjustment on mine isn't strong enough, so I shoot with glasses anyway. I have to say though, it's never bugged me. Maybe it's the way I shoot.

The diopter can't adjust enough for my eyes either. I don't mind wearing glasses, but I hate shooting with them. I usually wear contacts.

but the diopter can compensate for slight vision impairments, and adjustment to match your glasses or contacts is important as well. Maybe bring your camera to you next vision appointment and ask your doctor.

The rubber rim round the viewfinder of my camera got lost a while ago (actually quite, quite soon after I got it), and I still shoot while wearing my glasses (I wake up in the morning, put them on, and only put them off again at night when I go to sleep), which lead to the fact that my newest (2 1/2 year old) hardened plastic varifocals got all scratched over and over on the right "glass". I knew it WOULD happen, was warned by the optician that it might happen ... and let it happen, since taking them off never occurs to me, and adjusting the diopter doesn't really help me ... I set it, then want to take a photo, keep forgetting to take off my glasses, and get a tiny, drawn pic which confuses me ... argh. No. So? Now I have to look "though a cloud" ... my own fault.

What are progressive lenses?

They're not all they're cracked up to be, that's what they are.

Jon

Contact lenses for the win! I kick myself every time I think about the fact that I did not get contacts 20 years ago. Started wearing glasses in 3rd grade and I didn't try contacts until I was 32.

I didn't get contacts for looking into a camera, I actually finally tried them because I bought a motorcycle. I could finally wear sunglasses!!! A big necessity riding a bike (for the sun, not for eye protection because I wore a full face helmet.)

Get contacts, I highly recommend it. Forget about the "I couldn't put anything in my eye" excuse, I thought that as well. It's easy and takes a week to get use to it. No more smudges, scratches, dirt, fogging, makeup smudges from "greeting" the wife when you get home, bumping, breaking, etc.... Best thing I ever did my entire life.

Believe me, I've been thinking about it.
Something else. I always have to buy shirts with pockets, cause I always need to put my glasses in there.
Plus, I don't use the Lowepro slingshot I bought, because as it turns out, the strap sits right on top of my glasses and wants to either crush them, or push them out of my pocket.
Contacts would solve all of that !

wow i didnt check this and a lot of responses came in. sorry.

well i am trying to get used to the glasses but this past weekend i went out to shoot my cousin skateboarding so i make sure to wear my contacts. especially trying to get good angles and positions i would have gotten frusturated with the glasses. you can get used to them im sure but i would think that contacts/no glasses is always going to be more comfortable and easier.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back