Glide Gear 1000 & canon 70d

bbbflash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pohlerphotography.wix.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys, just checking on some advice. Does anyone use a glide gear 1000 with anything comparable with a 70d? Reviews are a little hit and miss. Look forward to your feedback.

Well, doesn't look like much feedback, so I will start. First impressions of it is that it is too small and I didn't think it would end up working with the 70d and the 18-135 on it. I will end up getting a prime as there is no point in having a zoom. Once it is out, the balance will be out and you will need to rebalance the camera again. It is fiddly and I will probably upgrade to the larger one later as long as the fine adjustments are better than what is on the 1000. Do yourself a favour and buy yourself a quick release plate for this at the time of purchase. Without one, the only way to remove the camera is to remove the mounting plate which will require a rebalance every time you remount it. Back to the adjustments, they are not as fine as the more expensive ones, but eventually you will sort it out. Once you do, get to practicing! It works well to stabilise your shots, but you will need to learn how to touch it with your other hand to stabilise and point it in the right direction. It does tend to get confused when you make a turn and pans while you walk around. Again, practice will sort that out. I'll get some practice with it over the holidays and report back. If you have any tips or tricks I would love to hear them.

I use a flycam nano which is a fair priced stabilizer with a 70d which holds the weight well. I would def get a quick release plate for it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back