elrafo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
el-rafo.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there,

I have seen that depending of my aperture, in this case 4,5 I get an awfull glow on the highlights, sometime with a purple edgespill... beuahhhhh!!

how is it possible? I own a Nikon D200 and a medium quality lens but used to be excellent on my FM2, the Nikon 80-105mm 3,5-4,5D...

aperture 4,5 100 iso - Crop in the original 10mp picture -
flou.jpg

aperture 11 100 iso - Crop in the original 10mp picture -
net.jpg

do you have any Ideas?

is it because of the sensor? the Lens ?

is it because of Digital photography finally...

I'm really disapointed, I just bought this 2000 CAD Camera and still have problems I was used to have with a 3.1 megapixel cheap camera, wtf?

cheers!

if I had to take a guess I would say oil in/on your lens or something like that. The leaves in the first picture are kinda soft is what makes me say that. Could be motion blur but I dunno bout that cause your shutter speed is not listed in the exif data for that image.

There is one lens issue that comes up with digital that was not a factor on film cameras...and that is internal reflection caused by the reflectivity of the sensor. Light reflects off of the sensor then back off of the rear element of the lens....which can cause things like lack of contrast and purple fringing.
Newer "digital" lenses have anti-reflective coatings on the rear elements to combat this.

I don't know for sure, how much of an affect this really has...but it may be a factor here.

Hi, Basically it seems to me, the light coming through the leaves is flaring due to overexposure on that area. If you exposed by pulling back a couple of stops, then check, you should find no problem, except the foreground will be underexposed. You can't have it both ways.

Imagine shooting someone in a room shining a torch at the camera . If you exposed for the person or the background, the torch light would flare. If you exposed for the torch light, the person would be underexposed.

Isn't this chromatic aberrations? I have gotten it on the following lenses...

Nikkor cheap 70-300mm/3.5-
Nikkor 50 mm/1.4 prime
Nikkor 28 mm/2.8 prime
Nikkor 85 mm/1.8 prime
Nikkor 28-70/2.8 ED

and I've gotten it with the Nikon D100, D70, and Nikon D2X...

So I'm waiting on the 70-200/2.8 VR and the 18-200/3.5- VR and I can almost guarantee I will get that on those as well... it usually happens with high contrast areas outdoors. I hate it, but it happens and is fixable post process.

JodieO said:
So I'm waiting on the 70-200/2.8 VR and the 18-200/3.5- VR and I can almost guarantee I will get that on those as well... it usually happens with high contrast areas outdoors. I hate it, but it happens and is fixable post process.

Yup! The 70-200 f/2.8VR does it as well...

how is it fixable post process? do you shoot in raw and fix it in the raw edition?

I know I hate it too, and i think its still a shame to get this kind of artefacts with professional digital camera... :(

Most reactions

Back