Go ahead and tear these to shreds

justaguy93

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm just a beginner but these are some shots I've made that I'm pretty happy with. I'd love to hear what people think and take any pointers that you might have. No need to be polite, I'm here to learn so brutal honesty is welcome.

The flower is an attempt at macro, the actual flower is about the diameter of a pencil eraser.

The last two were taken with an old point and shoot, so for those aren't technically very good but I'd be curious what people think of the composition.

DSC_0624.jpg

DSC_0642b.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

100_0020.JPG

Portland%202006%20065.jpg

Thanks for looking,

-justaguy

I love the macro shot and the arch. They only thing that I can say, that others may tell you, is to not center your photos all the time. That's the only thing I can think of right this minute.

Picture 1,2 and 5 i really like a lot.

love 1,2, and 4.

#1 is my favorite, its awesome - although I feel it needs straightening and agree with the comment on centering.

thanks for sharing.

Tear to shreds? These are great pics man :)

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Funny I didn't notice the first picture wasn't straight but it does stand out quite a bit once you notice it.

Thanks for the tip on centering. It's hard to fight that instinct since the first thing you generally want to do when taking a snap shot is to put whatever your subject is dead in the middle of your viewfinder. That'll be something I need to remember to work on.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Funny I didn't notice the first picture wasn't straight but it does stand out quite a bit once you notice it.

Thanks for the tip on centering. It's hard to fight that instinct since the first thing you generally want to do when taking a snap shot is to put whatever your subject is dead in the middle of your viewfinder. That'll be something I need to remember to work on.

TRUE, one of the nice things with your shots is that you have a ton of room to crop the centered things off too, or down too, or up too any side. The quality of the pics is great, and with some small changes the composition can/will also be.

1 & 2- great colors, and I like the placement of the boat in the foreground. Their seems to be a little bit of flare around the sun, however, which I think can be done without
3- good first macro, I like the offset composition
4- very interesting perspective
5- seems a little too plain, it just doesn't do anything for me the way it is now

4 is my favorite, I really like the unique perspective

Good eye on these shots, a little editing to some of them and they can be great.

I love the macro shot and the arch. They only thing that I can say, that others may tell you, is to not center your photos all the time. That's the only thing I can think of right this minute.

dittio I was thinking the same thing. It makes it more interesting sometimes not to center your shot. Try playing around with how you center shots more.

wow a realy like the flower. thats amazing for a flower the size of a pencil eracer

I'm not too keen on #1 & #2. Patience may have produced a nice result.

Would prefer for all the petals to have been in focus on #3 as well as the entirety of the top green leaf to be in the frame .

Nice work on the arch but consider to have the far side balance the near side with entry/exit of the frame.

Nice composition on the last. Perhaps too much space on the right.

Nice set. Thanks for sharing.

A great set of photos imo. :thumbup:

Love 1 & 2, great colours and the boats add interest. I suspect if they were less 'centred' they'd look even better.

#3 is nice. As mentioned, would be nice to get more of the petal edge in focus and try not to cut the top bit off!

#4 looks great to me.

I find #5 a little flat. Perhaps it's the colours, I'm not sure, but otherwise a great set of photos, keep up the good work! :)

Most reactions

Back