Go Home to Willard.... just go please...

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I quess Willards not taking care of his friends like he use to........ anyway i quess its time to stop feeding the birds...especially
DSC_5167 (2).JPG
DSC_5184 (3).JPG
when you see this guy in the tree.....not exactly what i expected as i was shooting hummingbirds......

Attachments

• DSC_5184 (3).JPG
    DSC_5184 (3).JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 90
Too close for comfort that thing is.

Awww, it's just a RAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like looking at rats through iron peep sights.
Almost makes you quit taking photos.. so shocking to see this one.. although nature is nature.. but i am not feeding the wild birds for awhile.. glad this tree was way back near the woods.

He must have startled you!
I love feeding the birds, but then they draw feral cats. The feral cats get in fights with my cat. And I feel bad that I’m feeding birds, only for them to get eaten by feral cat or even mine. Plus, the deer come to eat the bird food which puts them near the road which is an accident waiting to happen. This summer I had raccoons and a fox getting into my bird food. The fox sometimes gets a little to brave and was yowling at my dog the other night. I Have to make sure my cat is inside before dark so she doesn’t become a meal. I took most feeders down except the hummingbird and a finch feeder on the porch. Not sure if I’ll start back up this winter? But I really enjoy hearing the birds through the winter.

I'm not knocking feeding birds or pics of them at a feeder but it's much more challenging, exciting & rewarding to find and capture birds on camera if you're walking around in the wild and you just happen to see one, especially a bird of prey, vs going to the feeder where you know they'll be.

He must have startled you!
I love feeding the birds, but then they draw feral cats. The feral cats get in fights with my cat. And I feel bad that I’m feeding birds, only for them to get eaten by feral cat or even mine. Plus, the deer come to eat the bird food which puts them near the road which is an accident waiting to happen. This summer I had raccoons and a fox getting into my bird food. The fox sometimes gets a little to brave and was yowling at my dog the other night. I Have to make sure my cat is inside before dark so she doesn’t become a meal. I took most feeders down except the hummingbird and a finch feeder on the porch. Not sure if I’ll start back up this winter? But I really enjoy hearing the birds through the winter.
wow i realize it is not a good idea... i will miss their sounds and activity but i know now it is just not safe.. i may still add the suet during winter but not nearly on the scale i had been feeding.. it is not worth it even for the birds if it attracts all these predators...... oh i will miss them for sure..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back