Go-Karts, wet track, panning, awesome!

RobNZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to a brand new track that had an open day today, thought it would be a good chance to get a couple of pics (and have a crack at trying out panning for the first time) and have a cane around myself, sadly the track was too wet for me too waste that much money and not be able to go WOT.

The marketing manager spied me taking shots trackside so I may pick up some work possibly going by the conversation we had, so I will be back.

Heres a couple of preliminary shots Ive done so far...

4937725022_429d3ce978_b.jpg

4937725350_ce858e8c57_b.jpg

4937726650_c22c8e27ba_b.jpg

4937724186_2ff8c4c552_b.jpg

Any C&C appreciated.

Full set (so far) can be found here Raceline Karting - a set on Flickr

NIce man.. The crappy weather worked on your favor! I love the shots! Usually when I do events like this, I just switch it to JPEG and take pictures like there is no tomorrwo LOL>

Nice work Rob, as usual. :thumbup::D

#1 is my fave, followed by 3 and 4.

They came out pretty good.

It looks like they were rental karts, and not the faster, full blown racing karts.

Nice set on Flickr. They all are very good. Only one suggestion, try and move around the track if possible, getting too many shots from the same vantage point gets boring.

#3 would be my pick, seems to capture the days story very well.

p!nK

Nice set on Flickr. They all are very good. Only one suggestion, try and move around the track if possible, getting too many shots from the same vantage point gets boring.

#3 would be my pick, seems to capture the days story very well.

p!nK

Thanks for the comments, I am about to process the other shots I have that were taken from another couple fo vantage points. Will post a few more as I go through them today.

Shot 1 is the best, good panning just a bit too tight

Thanks gsgary, I did worry those were a little too tight, I do have some not so tight.

They came out pretty good.

It looks like they were rental karts, and not the faster, full blown racing karts.

Yep 1-3 were rental carts, 390cc Sodi Karts $67 for 10 mins!! 4 is a proper Kart, but they only did one race while we were there, the difference in cornering speed was insane.

Nice work Rob, as usual. :thumbup::D

#1 is my fave, followed by 3 and 4.

Thanks Bitter. :)

NIce man.. The crappy weather worked on your favor! I love the shots! Usually when I do events like this, I just switch it to JPEG and take pictures like there is no tomorrwo LOL>

Yeah the wet track worked out well, lol, I shot in RAW, just had to manage my burst shooting carefully, lol.

awesome! I just actually turned to the page "Panning" in my understanding exposure book...haha i'm definatley going to work on panning as soon as I get my exposure knowledge better :)

Love 5 and 7 ... whats lensyou shoot these with ( the panning ones )

Most reactions

Back