Goat Island Lighthouse

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to NYC this past weekend. On the way home we detoured for a late lunch in Newport RI and sunset/blue hour at Goat Island Lighthouse. We lucked out that a completely boring cloudless sky ended up having some great color. We noticed it from the restaurant and scrambled to get out there asap! It wasn't directly behind the lighthouse but it was still fantastic light and color.

Goat Island Light at Christmas by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Goat Island Sunset Blue Hour by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Goat Island Sunset Blue Hour by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Sunset Newport by SharonCat..., on Flickr

No2 for me - lovely shot - the Bench adds some perspective

Les :)

No 2 for me also. Great colors in all of them. Hardly boring.

Awesome set!

Great set of images. #2 has it for me. I love the way you have composed it.

-

Great serie Sharon… delicious! :)

No2 for me - lovely shot - the Bench adds some perspective

Les :)

Lovely set but number two for me.....

No 2 for me also. Great colors in all of them. Hardly boring.

Awesome set!
Great set of images. #2 has it for me. I love the way you have composed it.

That's a wonderful set! I'll add my vote for #2.

Thank you to all for your feedback and comments! Glad you liked the 2nd shot. I wasn’t sure if the chairs might not be too bright and also facing the “wrong” way as they were facing away from the bridge. They were facing the sunset as you can see behind the ice rink it was amazing.

#2 is wonderful! I understand your thinking about their direction, but they captured the light so well, they look great! The whole set is lovely. Great shooting!

very cool images ... first one is the best for me .. imho could look even better with a perspective tool applied

Screenshot_20211218_023825.png

#2 is my pick too. Really nice set. We have been there 3 or 4 times now. Hopefully I can get out and get some pics of something other than family soon😁

#2 is wonderful! I understand your thinking about their direction, but they captured the light so well, they look great! The whole set is lovely. Great shooting!
Thanks Terri much appreciated!

very cool images ... first one is the best for me .. imho could look even better with a perspective tool applied

View attachment 251956

I agree that the shot has some distortion issues. It was difficult to get a good angle on the front of the lighthouse and still keep the bridge and pretty sunset colors in the frame. I appreciate the input and it was helpful that you included the screenshot with the sliders but honestly I don't see this as that much of an improvement and now the top antenna of the lighthouse is noticeably leaning.
#2 is my pick too. Really nice set. We have been there 3 or 4 times now. Hopefully I can get out and get some pics of something other than family soon😁
Thanks - yes Newport is so pretty - especially in winter when the crowds are gone! Jamestown had quite a lot of holiday lights to see but we were tired from our weekend in NYC and decided to just stop at the lighthouse for a "quick shot". Of course that didn't happen when we saw this sky! And when we got to the lighthouse we ran into a cou. ple of people from our New England Photo Sisters group - so we ended up there until well after dark!

Most reactions

Back