Going away...

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...for a short period. Loading up, taking the bike in tow and spending one week near San Francisco, I can hardly wait.

Plan to return to the site of my all time favorite bent tree, near Point Reyes:

CaTree.jpg

Also, going around the wine country, Sonoma and Napa Valley. I will have my laptop with me so I will be in touch with ya'll.

Been waiting a whole year now for this... ;)

wow, amazing tree!!!!

i hope your trip goes well, and that you get some more shots of that tree!

Heyyyy, have an awesome time.

[Will you hit that 5000 post mark while away?]

Does Antarctican ever sleep I wonder?

Have a great trip and hope the air is clearer when you get to that tree...

mmm, drink some of that CA cab for me, will you? :sexywink: The non-overoaked kind.

Have a great trip, and bring back some pics. (I still remember this shot!)

Bike safely!

That's a cool tree!
Have a safe trip! :)

Will do ya'll!... Getting anxious now and can't wait.

9:30pm, leaving now!!! Can't wait!!!

Made it! Drove like mad, over 14 hours (traffic sucks in SF, there is a Nascar event and a Gay Pride event going on at the same time (not same location).

I am tired but happy! Had a good and fresh dinner, a bottle of beer and I'm going to sleep right now.

Glad you made it safely, Dimitri. Have a wonderful time! Get to shooting. ;)

Oh wow! Was I disappointed today! The tree is still there, is still bent but most of the branches are missing. :( Still, a great trip on the bike, minus a little mishap with the battery. Somehow one of the battery terminals lost its connecting nut and I was without power for a few good milet, where I had to push start it a few times. Made it to a garage, borrowed some tools and a replacement nut and fixed it on the spot. Tomorrow riding to Bodega Bay and Occidental... will report later.

Second day now... Second extended ride. We went to Bodega Bay, site of the famous Hitchock movie "The Birds". It's really mesmerizing, lots of seagulls, almost like in the movie. Visited the school, the pier where action took place. Found out Tippi Hendren (lead actress of the movie) will be in town to sign autographs on Saturday. That's the day we're leaving... :(

Then traveled on the Bohemian Highway to a little place called Occidental. Cute and lots of Italian restaurants. Ended up going South to Bear Valley and visiting the famous 1906 earthquake epicenter, right on the San Andreas Fault. Right there we met an old Harley rider, riding by himself all the way from Alabama. He told us that he used to ride with his wife of 35 years but he lost her to cancer about 2 and 1/2 years ago. So now he rides solo to all the places he went with her before, when she was alive. What a beautiful story, about him, huh? He really inspired me.

Tomorrow, wine country! Going to Sonoma then Napa Valley. A particular winery in mind, called Sattui (Google it). I've had their wines before and they are fantastic. It's a small winery, they don't sell but to a few restaurants and the rest they sell at the winery. Mmmm... Can hardly wait. Be driving the car tomorrow, not riding the bike, besides that my butt's sore!

Oh my, 2 days in SF, I ate soooo much!

We're back home after a 810 mile non stop drive from SF to Phoenix. Ouch! I hurt... Going to sleep now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back