Going for POWERFUL animal.

a5i736

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC00676.jpg
I took this in Florida, I was trying to make it look like a powerful animal. LEt me know how I did and what I can do to improve it.

hmm... sorry, it doesnt say "powerful" to me... maybe some sort of radial motion blur could a help? more contrast? not really sure, its a nice picture though...

Sorry.

The content is static and doesn't give the impression of power - it looks like a concrete horse.

The picture is very flat with few tones.

hmm, its not a bad shot, but nothing of power is probably gonna jump out of it. Its a good angle and you get that important effect by it kind of towering above, but its still just a concrete horse. Im not sure any PP would change it much.

You can only shoot so many B&W's on an incline, B4 they become bland. If your going for powerful try shooting a live animal. Shooting a sculpure is like taking a picture of a painting to me, your only giving your perspective of what someone elses work looks like to you.

You ,missed the mark on power, but it is still a decent composition, even if the perspective is a tad cliche (but cliche is okay from time to time). My biggest problem with this is the flat contrast.

Is this film or digital? It looks like film printed with a zero filter. Either case, it is crying for more contrast. But, I'm not so sure you're going to get much more contrast out of it considering the gray sky and the gray horse...you don't have any white whites or black blacks anywhere in the frame with which to work.

Where in FL?

Just curious.

P.S. (Is your signature supposed to say Your camera IS your most fragile appendage? Keep meaning to ask you that.)

after looking at it more closely, I can see the clouds in the sky...it looks to have been a reasonably sunny day when you took this....might have been just as well to leave this in color if it was digital...

Is that a PF Chang's horse?

I do like the texture and tones of it, but I agree that it could be a bit stronger to portray a "powerful animal"

It looks like a concrete horse because it is a concrete horse.

The entire idea of a picture (as opposed to a snapshot) is to bring something to it beyond the actual reproduction of the content.

Is that a PF Chang's horse?

That's funny. Using the icon of a chain restaurant to connote power. Next we'll have a triumphal march under the Golden Arches.

YES! I LOVE THAT FREAKING PLACE! IN TAMPA?

Most reactions

Back