Going from Digital to Film

Am in agreement with Molested Cow and jbylake: Film makes a person think more about a photograph's composition. Shadows are still my biggest obstacle, with the last snafu of my shadow falling upon the portrait of my sister and niece, ruining it. Seeing a print from developed film and having "literally paid" for it helps to reinforce the lesson.

Not being cheap here, but that's a lot of money for the material. You can probably go to any picture frame shop, or sign shops and have them cut a few pieces for not much at all.

So long as the glass is anti-newton. A few minutes ago I accidentally scanned a frame with the non-etchd site touching the film. Very gross result.

Congratulations on going to film. After a bit more than one year with a DSLR, I am looking for an 8x10 camera to start doing film again. The main reason for the large format is so that I can print with only a basic darkroom. No enlarger. Right now I just like the idea of doing contact prints.

I am a little surprised, though, that no one is suggesting learning darkroom technique. Half the fun of film photography is the darkroom work. And you can put one together for less than the price of a scanner these days.

Congrats to you!
Same happened to me - I just bought a film camera EOS A2E with 24mm f/2.8 Sigma. I am going out for a first time with a film to test the stuff - I am sure it will be great fun :)

So I got the camera a week or so ago...I shot a roll of black and white film (Kodak BW400CN) the first day I got it. It was kind of funny actually. After I would take a shot I reflexively looked at the back of the camera expecting to see the frame I just snapped...I was also reluctant to take my film to Wal-Mart for developing, but after a week of it sitting in my house, I just decided to go. I am gonna buy the chemicals and stuff for developing my own B&W soon.

Anyway, here were a few shots I took with my first ever roll of film.

2D.jpg

709949-R1-33-33A_edit.jpg

709949-R1-31-31A_edit.jpg

That is really nice man!
Bravo!
I am going today to check my very first one as well and will drop some photos at some point :)
It is really cool but yes, it feels weird as I also keep checking the back of the camera :lol:

Merry Christmas!

Most reactions

Back