Going home in 20 photos

jeroen

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
photoblog.jeroencoert.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw Corinna's thread about finding her way home. I found that such a cool idea that I thought I'd do the same with the shots I took over the past 3 years while cycling home from work. I have them online anyway ;-)

Here is a map of Amsterdam with the route I take most days while traveling home from East to West.

1. The Movenpick hotel, next to the passengers terminal where the big cruise ships dock and occasionally some Navy ships.
IMG_4139.jpg

2. Past the Music Building. In this old shot they're still building the hotel. Lot of building activity in this whole area anyway. I was so proud when I took this 2 years ago, now I notice it's kinda boring and out of focus...
IMG_0551.jpg

3. The temporary residence of the Stedelijk Museum (City Museum) of modern art. There's a club on the 11th floor with the best view over Amsterdam.
IMG_2508.jpg

4. Crossing the bridge. This shot is ancient... I still had a P+S...
2395.jpg

5 Same bridge, different POV.
IMG_3176.jpg

6. Nearing Central Station.
IMG_3167.jpg

7. Looking back.
IMG_4379.jpg

8. Part of Central Station.
IMG_0994.jpg

9. Past the Chamber of Commerce, and crossing the railwaytracks. If you ride here when a train passes it sounds like all hell breaks loose...
IMG_1001.jpg

10. Jordaan area. This is also the nr1 tourist area so you have to be carefull not to hit one with your bike since they tend to stand in the middle of the street looking at the houses and ignoring traffic.
IMG_1160.jpg

11. Riding along the canal.
IMG_1180.jpg

12. Nearing Anne Frank House, the Wester Church and the crossing with the Rozengracht.
IMG_3651.jpg

13. Nearing Anne Frank house.
IMG_1183.jpg

14. Anne Frank house. Amsterdam's nr1 tourist trap.
IMG_1275.jpg

15. Taxistand next to the Gay Monument and the Wester Church.
IMG_3669.jpg

16. Wester Church, before the paint job. That crown on top is blue now.
IMG_1152.jpg

17. About to leave the canals area.
IMG_2369.jpg

18. Past the Euro Parking into the Amsterdam Old-West area where I live.
IMG_5466.jpg

19. Almost home. Past our butcher, mr T. He sells great ready-to-go grilled garlic chickens. Half the street smells like it. Lucky enough the neighborhood is not as bad as this photo assumes.
IMG_3855.jpg

20. Home sweet home.
IMG_4949.jpg

I like the first one best, too bad you didnt have a vertical shot of it, nice sky !!!!!!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back