Going STUPID with macros

For some reason the word macros always bothered me. Anyway, good job on the photos. Small isolations of a larger topic becomes personal, and a little dramatic. Your photos re iterize (is re iterize really a word or something I just made up) that all things are beautiful, no matter how small or large.

Thanks for the feedback, and I agree with you about the term 'macro'

It's impersonal. I think I'll start using the full term 'macroscopic'

If you say it properly, it sounds like a '60 term of exclamiation.

-!

Shubin said:
Thanks for the feedback, and I agree with you about the term 'macro'

It's impersonal. I think I'll start using the full term 'macroscopic'

If you say it properly, it sounds like a '60 term of exclamiation.

I can't say anything properly I'm from America! Tell me about Fototopic.net. I currently have a photo album on nikon.net, but, it's navigation is dodgy to say the least. :idea:

I'm using fotopic and loving it. It's simple, you can change the look of it, and I've never had any issues. It's pretty simple to upload pics and designate which folder you want them in. You can also move a pic from one folder to another. You can pick a photo from your collection to use as a background as well, something I may do soon.

I also have a small gallery for my family on www.instantlogic.com that looks good, but uploading is frustrating because it's cancelled my upload several times. Instant Logic operates smoothly in every other way though. It has less features then fotopic, but I don't use 90% of those anyway.

Post a link, or add a pic or two for comment in the Photos section of the forum. I'm always interested in what other people shoot.

BTW - I've been living in Australia for 12 years, but I'm California born & raised. I can't talk properly either, mate... errr.. dude. Never mind.

I'm struggling to log in here. I've tried to type in the information, I've tried to copy/paste the information, and I've tried the direct link.

No luck. The password seems a bit long... is there something wrong there?

Thanks in advance,

I'd go and change that password or something, as you've given THE password. Not just a visitor's password.

(ouch!)

Besides all that, I think that you've got a good eye for composition. I like the angle of your umbrella shot, but I'd like to see it a bit sharper. If that pic looks sharp on your monitor, then the automatic resizing on that Nikon site is a bit cheap. The same with snapdragon.

IMHO, I think that the flowers in '18' are good, because you've broken out of the steriotype of putting the taller images in the background. Using the flat green lawn as the background works for this shot.

I'll check out more as you add them, but I don't think that site allows deep linking.

Good luck!

Hey thanks for the comment's it means alot to me. The password on the Nikon site is the least of my concerns. If everyone with a computer had it the most they could do is download or print my photos or send me spam. The images are small enough not to be a concern to me. I do a lot of advertising work, which makes me feel as though if someone wanted my personal work they could have it. For the moment I hope to never see one penny from my efforts. I just like for people to see the images and discuss them with me.

You hit the prevebial nail on the head with umbrella. The original is much sharper. Garden 03 is my virgin attempt at putting photos on the web. Future albums will be a little closer to the originals

Most reactions

New Topics

Back