going to alaska..any tips,tricks,locations?

horseracingfreak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, gals,
Im going to Juneau Alaska the first week in August. Ive never been there. Were going to be based out of Juneau so my question for the group here is, have any of you ever been there..specifically Juneau, what did you go see/do? any tips on what to do,where to go and maybe some photo tips on what lense(s) you used where etc. i use canon equipment (5D mark iii) and have a 24-105 and a 70-200 lense but have plenty of time to aquire more lenses so, basically just looking for some alaskan input on not only photography but suggestions on activities..THANKS

Yes, if your view finder looks anything like THIS, and you aren't using at least a 400mm lens, you are going to be dinner.

Frankly if you can't find things to shoot in Alaska you need to give that camera away. A few miles north is Skagway if you are interested in the Alaska Gold rush, old mines, current operations etc. Of course Nature is all around you.

Playing devil's advocate here, but my most fondly-remembered vacations were when I had the smallest camera. Went to Europe probably 5 times. Best time and some very good pix were when I had the li'l Canon S90. Better than a mass market point & shoot, but still pocketable. Continuing that same theme now, my most-used camera is my Canon G9X, because it's just so easy to take along, without making the whole focus of the trip photography.

If you can't see your way clear to do that, I think I'd get a 2x teleconverter for the 70-200, and maybe a wide angle zoom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back