Going to Burning Man

MOREGONE

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I am going to Burning Man at the end of the month and admittedly haven't done too much to prepare photographically. I would love any comments or recommendations from photographers who have been in the past.

Dust is a huge concern so I am plotting my attack and keeping dust out conditions in mind. I have a wedding to shoot < 3 weeks after getting back so that is consideration. I am planning to bring some 13gal trash bags thinking I could cut a hole in the bottom, tape it around a lens hood and leave the camera in the bag. Any thoughts on the plan? Maybe one bag attached to lens/hood I plan to take

Body - I have a D600 and D700 to chose between. Little torn. The D600 is my go to camera but does not have the weather resistance of the D700. The D600 on the other hand is having more spot problems and should go in for another cleaning courtesy of Nikon. But I am not sure I would have time to send it in and get in back before the wedding. Plus, what else may get damaged?

Lenses - So I one of the things I have read time and again is zooms will get crunchy after a week of being in dust.I have actually been debating getting a crap lens just for the trip but don't want to sacrifice wide aperture and sharpness. If I were leaving today I think I would be taking my Tamron 28-75 and 50 1.8D. I can't afford to compromise my Tamron 70-200 weeks before a wedding and have been considering upgrading the 28-75 to a 24-70. It would be a bummer not to have a long lens with me. Any cheap All in one lenses or zooms anyone could recommend to see if I could grab before going?

Thanks

Clear plastic Newspaper delivery bags make pretty good camera socks and come in various sizes. Add a bag of strong rubber bands and you have a pretty good kit for dust and sand.

Last edited:
Get a Nikon aw1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back