Going to Disney World, which Canon lens

KyPink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'll be traveling with my family to Disney World next month. I would like to just take one lens with me. Which lens would you recommend?

Do you mean you'd like to buy a new lens for this trip or which one of your current stable? If the former, than how about a budget and what you'd like to shoot, and if the latter, then how about listing your current gear?

I am considering renting a lens, but I currently own the 18-135mm that came with my 60D, 24-105mm, and 75-300mm.

Last time I was there, I brought

1x EOS 40D camera body
1x Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8
1x EF 85mm f/1.8
1x Canon 420ez flash (only works as manual flash on digital body, no TTL)

Tamron lens mount on the camera and stored in a small DSLR bag just big enough to fit a body with a standard lens
A small cushioned pouch that fit one the 85mm lens and the flash.

Both bags were then inside my regular standard size backpack which I can store other stuff.

Most of the time, the Tamron standard zoom lens was used. Once in awhile the 85mm was used (in some indoor shows that allow photography). Get there right at the opening time so that you can take some photos of your family without other people in the frame especially when you use a wide angle lens that cover wider field of view.

18-135. Don't see how you will get much better range than that from a rental without noticeable issues at the extreme ends from the superzooms.

I am considering renting a lens, but I currently own the 18-135mm that came with my 60D, 24-105mm, and 75-300mm.

if you only wanted one lens why not use the 24-105mm that came with your camera. you could always crop if you need that extra zoom.
if you want some funny shots, wait at the splash mountain bridge and set your drive mode to high speed continuous. I got so many funny facial expressions waiting for my family to come down that drop. Don't forget to set your shutter speed fast enough to freeze the image.

instead of buying a lens, you might want to get a good camera strap like a black rapid, carry speed or any comfortable shoulder strap.

if you want to erase people from your photos, take a tripod and take multiple photos then layer them with photoshop. here is a video on youtube showing you how to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back