Going to Disneyland

Ramones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm going to Disneyland on Monday and I'm going to bring my new D40 with me. Any recommendations on what to do while I'm on rides and stuff?

I know they have like the little cubbies and stuff for personal items and shoes and stuff, or should I give it to one of the people working or something?

I'm just a little curious on what would be the safest thing to do with it.

Are you going with small kids? I have two kids, 5 and 10. My older one won't ride the rough rides so I can't answer for the really big and fast rides.. But for most in Disneyland and California adventure you can have your camera around your neck. My camera bag is big and MY GAWD heavy.. I just put it on the floor between my legs.

For rides like California Soarin' or Star Tours they have nice compartments under the seat to place things. I have been on that ride several times.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Anyways, nothing has ever gotten out of that compartment.

Disneyland is pretty low speed..

Have FUN! My youngest if begging me to go to tomorrow to Disneyland. We have year passes.

Are you going with small kids? I have two kids, 5 and 10. My older one won't ride the rough rides so I can't answer for the really big and fast rides.. But for most in Disneyland and California adventure you can have your camera around your neck. My camera bag is big and MY GAWD heavy.. I just put it on the floor between my legs.

For rides like California Soarin' or Star Tours they have nice compartments under the seat to place things. I have been on that ride several times.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Anyways, nothing has ever gotten out of that compartment.

Disneyland is pretty low speed..

Have FUN! My youngest if begging me to go to tomorrow to Disneyland. We have year passes.

Thanks for the tips, I'm going with my friends (we're all 18), and I think I'm going to bring a backpack that we're all going to throw our stuff and and I'll just ask someone running the ride to hold it on the bigger rides like space mountain and such.

The last time I went with my kids I got tired of hanging on to my camera. I rented a locker for the day. You can open and close it as many times as you want.

Have FUN! If you are at Downtown Disney and see Little Miss Matched.. That is my favorite store!

there is a ton of walking there, so i would definitely keep the backpacks light. fanny pack type camera holsters are good because you can keep them with you and they don't put much strain on your spine like a backpack will over the miles and miles of walking

I just got back from Disneyland a couple of weeks ago. I spent two FULL days carrying my 5D mk II with 580 EX II speedlite attached and my heavy 24-70 f/2.8L lens on the end of it. I had it around my neck the whole time because the one time I put it away to take a break, I wished I had it out. SO, suck it up, you are young, just carry it out with you the whole time! I got the BEST pictures those two days. I didn't go on any super fast rides since I was there with my kids so I was able to keep it with me (either on my lap or around my neck) the whole time. Maybe if you don't mind taking turns going on the ride, you and your friends could split up, let people go ahead of you while you wait for them to come back around from the ride, then hand it off to your buddies while you ride. I wouldn't trust my camera with any stranger, even if it WAS the ride operator. And, they might have some policies against handling other people's property. It might leave them liable if anything broke, was stolen, etc. Have fun. I love Disney!

I can attest to the Black Rapids camera strap. Great way to have your camera out of the way as you're slicing through crowds and relieve the strain from your neck..... and be hands free to boot.

I have recently been enlightened about the Cotton Carrier, but have no more than the website to go on.

and I'll just ask someone running the ride to hold it on the bigger rides like space mountain and such.
One of your friends, I'm sure.

Hi I'm new here, been lurking a while and finally registered to reply here...

You should be fine taking your gear on the rides with you. (There aren't cubbies and I seriously doubt the employees will hold it for you.) We went to Disney World (FL) in September for a week, and I carried my gear pretty much the entire time. Took my camera, bag, AND tripod on Tower of Terror and Rock 'n Rollercoaster and was perfectly fine.

Edited to add: if you have a fast lens bring that and use it on the dark rides. There are some fun shots in those.

4158046830_1935385cef.jpg

Last edited:
ah I'm thinking of Great America that has cubbies, thanks for the tips everyone, I have a feeling I'm going to be bringing it only on the third day of my three day trip

Most reactions

New Topics

Back