Going to NY

matic08

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes.
I'm heading out to NY on April 18th to the 24th. I'm staying somewhereon the upper east side at my moms apt.

I want to find some good places to go for taking some night shots of the city. Also any other recommendations, must eat, must see places. Also any areas that I should avoid!

Must go to places... MET & The MoMa

Eats.... Peter Lugar if you're a steak person. It's an experience.

I love taking pictures of the Wall St. area/Brooklyn Bridge. The architecture is gorgeous. There is also ground zero.

Make sure you bring lots of money to go shopping.

Have fun!

eat at katz's

I just noticed there are a more people from NYC. Maybe a meet-up during spring break?

There are a lot of good places in Lower Manhattan (my favorite part). I only go down there on the weekends, though.

You should be near Central Park and that could take up a lot of your time, its huge.

The best night skyline shots of NYC seem to come from New Jersey :D
Seriously there are a lot of things lit up at night, the biggest being Times Square.

I like Katz Deli, too. You can get some NY attitude served with your sandwich :thumbup:

yea you should check out downtown including battery park and don't forget to go to Liberty Island. Im used to downtown since I go to school there so it's starting to get boring for me lol. When you are in downtown and you see a building without windows on the first 7 floors (10 floor building) about a block away from ground zero than you found my school lol

I was down there again taking pictures on Saturday. I can't get the gargoyles of a few buildings but the architecture is grand. I can see how you can get tired of it. Now go to bed.... you have school in the morning.
joke.gif

Thanks for all the replies, I can't wait to get out there! I haven't been outside of Cali in a couple of years.

Most reactions

Back