Gold dipped roses - C&C

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I definitely do not have an artist bone in my body so colours, composition and choosing a subject is always something I am going to struggle with. Let me know which one you think is best and if there is anything I can do to better. I had a hard time getting the gold to come out the way I want. I like how it turned out in number 2 but could not post edit the others to get the same so left them how they were. The only thing I edited is exposure and maybe a little contrast.

If I were to edit the gold colour would I need to make changes to both yellow and orange?

Gold Dipped Roses by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Interesting subject for a still life photo. I like #2 and #4 the most. It looks like these would be tricky objects to photograph, with a very shiny surface on the leaves and blooms as well, and then there's the glass vase.

I like #2 and #4 too! I love flowers as the subject. This one is so simple but I find it very beautiful.

The light seems a little harsh to me--something a little softer (not as much glare, allow more color intensity to come through) would be better I think. The subject is great. I agree with Derrel's comment about probably being very challenging to photograph. I'm wondering if you lost the babies' breath and then shot with a white background (basically, surrounded by a giant white scrim to also soften the light)...I think that would be even better.

I wonder if a polarizing filter would help here, not sure, just wondering.

Interesting subject for a still life photo. I like #2 and #4 the most. It looks like these would be tricky objects to photograph, with a very shiny surface on the leaves and blooms as well, and then there's the glass vase.

Yes I prefer 2 and 3 myself. Stuck inside on a cold day looking for something to photograph. I gave those two roses to my wife many years ago and she has always kept it in that glass with the babies breath on the shelf next to here bed. I thought the red and gold would show nicely with the black background.

The light seems a little harsh to me--something a little softer (not as much glare, allow more color intensity to come through) would be better I think. The subject is great. I agree with Derrel's comment about probably being very challenging to photograph. I'm wondering if you lost the babies' breath and then shot with a white background (basically, surrounded by a giant white scrim to also soften the light)...I think that would be even better.

I was only using indirect sunlight. I didn't want to use lights because of glare. I think the issue was my settings. The images came out to dark and I had to up the exposure on the roses and glass. When I have time I'll try it with a white background.

I wonder if a polarizing filter would help here, not sure, just wondering.

So using lights, which I wasn't doing, and then reducing the glare with a polarizer? I'll give it a try.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back