Golden Drips

Very nice. You should add a little bit of your pastel tones. Just a baby bit.

It's beautiful.

Nice. Demonstrates 2 things are very important. Timing and Light.

Nice work. I'm assuming this was shot at a long focal length to compress the perspective? I'm wondering what is causing that "sfumato" effect on the drips.

Nice work. I'm assuming this was shot at a long focal length to compress the perspective? I'm wondering what is causing that "sfumato" effect on the drips.

Can't be sure but assume it is from the lengthy exposure...causing the misty appearance to drift over that part of the rock face. So, either you are an art student, or have been one..eh. I just went through a whole discourse on how the chiaroscuro effect evolved over time with a novice portrait photographer in another forum. Interesting how everyting sort of intertwines.

Thank you. And I had to look that up. Very interesting, thanks for pointing it out.

And yes, you're absolutely correct. This was shot at 155mm on a Canon crop sensor.

Can't be sure but assume it is from the lengthy exposure...causing the misty appearance to drift over that part of the rock face. So, either you are an art student, or have been one..eh. I just went through a whole discourse on how the chiaroscuro effect evolved over time with a novice portrait photographer in another forum. Interesting how everyting sort of intertwines.

Another new term for me. Thanks Ceeboy.

Today I learned the word "sfumato" and it made me happy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back