Golden Gate Bridge

xs400

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.xsrider.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got a new Pentax DA 16-45mm, so I took some time off from work to shoot a few pics of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco and try out the new lens. I have to say I really like the new Pentax DA 16-45mm, it seems to work well with my K100D.

gg12.jpg

gg13.jpg

gg14.jpg

This is an HDR of 4 images
gg11.jpg

A view of San Francisco and the Bay Bridge from on the Golden Gate Bridge.
gg15.jpg

Oh maaaan, nicely done! I like them all, but the posing seal in #2 is especially nice.

Loved no's 2 and 3 the most, no. 2 the view is great and the little otter I think it is at the bottom adds to it.

No. 3 I like because it shows industry and architecture... poorly explained but I like it!

Thanks for the comments. I was lucky with the weather for my time off from work to take those shots. I still haven't figured out how that seal got up on that rock in #2, the sides of the rock look nearly vertical at the water line. But that seal seemed to enjoy the sunshine while he was there.

2, 3 and 5 get my vote! love the color in 2, the angle of 3 and the overall composition on 5

Nice pics, love no. 3 the best. BTW, isn't taking pictures of the bridge prohibited because of terrorist concerns?

i love #1 & #2, the HDR image doesn't look like a HDR at all, maybe u should play more with the exposure compensation a little more or blend 5 - 7 images

how make did u took for the HDR???

Nice pics, love no. 3 the best. BTW, isn't taking pictures of the bridge prohibited because of terrorist concerns?

Thanks for your comments.

When I was very near the bridge, almost directly under it actually, there was a policeman and a 'Bridge Patrol' police car there as well. I talked the the officer and he had no problems with people taking pictures of the bridge or of Fort Point, the brick building on the left in # 4. I guess I don't look like a terrorist!

it's kind of stupid to prohibit taking pictures of the GG now, anyways, millions of photos exist already of it

Most reactions

Back