Golden Hour on the Cahaba River

The_Pearl_Poet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Earlier this week I visited this location with a certain shot in mind. When I initially visited, the sky was overcast, and the light was dull. However, I thought I saw potential in the location under a different type of light. Today, when I arrived at the location, I was surprised to see that the water level had risen several feet. The original shot I had envisioned was not possible at today's water level, so I searched for a new shot. After trying several locations, I settled on this one. I was attracted by the light on the tree in the middle of the river, and I thought that the river would be nicely blurred. This image ended up being a 3 shot exposure blend to account for the dynamic range of the scene. Comments and critiques are appreciated.

Attachments

• Cahaba River merged web.jpg
    Cahaba River merged web.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 204
At first, I wasn't sure...but the more I look at it the more I like it! I love shots of light just doing its thing like it is here. Good eye, nice shot, thanks for sharing!

"Very nice" sums it up. I don't see anything I would change.

Nice work! I love the tones and smoothness of the water. I'm curious what your planned shot would have been! Maybe next time?

With the planned shot, I was going to show the size of the river in more of a grand landscape type fashion. However, the water level and the shade of the trees made it impossible.

Cahaba-River-mergedllllll.jpg
quite beautiful.
if I could change anything, it might be the amount of sky, which draws attention to itself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back