Golden Snow

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
No, I'm not talking about where the huskies go.

I walked by a window last night about midnight and said Whoa! It was snowing and the low cloud cover combined with the city lights and half moon light was combining to make some interesting light. I grabbed my down coat and went rushing outside. There was three inches of wet snow on the ground and it was still snowing with very fine flakes. I had to hold a box over the camera to keep the snow off and my dress shoes were soaking but between my frozen toes and runny nose I got a couple of pics. Here is one I like. Although the color was not quite this intense this is pretty much how it came from the camera. If we get a snow during a full moon the lighting is even better. The misty look here is the fine falling snow. The sky really was pink.

DSC07095re650.JPG

Very pretty - love the colors

So is this the moon we're looking at?
Or a street light?

Is this one hand-held?
If so: congratulations. With me, such attempts tend to end in "disaster" and could at most go into the "Bloopers"-section... :(

The colour is very interesting, for you'd always mentally connect "snow" with "white". I really like this.

Absolutely great and I'm so envious, wish I could come up with a shot like that!

drdan said:
The hazy look is from lots of very tiny snowflakes falling.
The hazy look and color really makes this a terrific picture. It gives the picture a fantasy like feel to it. Was the streetlight intentially hidden behind the leaves, because it's a good effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back