Golf Practice C&C

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Me and my sisters fiance went out to practice some golf. I brought the camera with me like i always do, and some came out pretty good. And comments and critiques would be nice!!!

EDIT-- No pp done because my laptop is down, which means no editing software. Straight out of the camera.

_LNG0108.jpg

_LNG0132.jpg

_LNG0147.jpg

Last edited:
I would say boost up the shutter speed so there's no motion blur.

probably around 1/500 to 1/800 range.
I use to shoot skateboarding and would use that similar range.

I'd say the op is after that 'blur' to give the picture some motion, I think the shots would be too static and a bit boring otherwise IMO.

Last one is the pic of the bunch for me.

^^wozza, yeah, i was going for some motion in the shots. I'd rather they not be static, because with the golfclub moving at over 100mph, its not static, so why should the picture be?

Thanks. Anyone else..?

^^Haha well ok, i dont know the exact speed, but whatever it is, it is fast enough. haha

Re PP
You can tweak the camera settings for sharpness and colour control so that very little PP may be required. I don't think PP could add much to the pics in this case - check out the golf shots in the other recent thread in this section for ideas, they may not be 'perfect' but by viewing high quality images of the subject you intend to shoot helps a lot. Your composition and timing is perhaps the biggest issue with the pics posted.

And are his shoes regulation.........................?? :D

Re PP
You can tweak the camera settings for sharpness and colour control so that very little PP may be required. I don't think PP could add much to the pics in this case - check out the golf shots in the other recent thread in this section for ideas, they may not be 'perfect' but by viewing high quality images of the subject you intend to shoot helps a lot. Your composition and timing is perhaps the biggest issue with the pics posted.

And are his shoes regulation.........................?? :D

Yes they are regulation. What do you mean "composition and timing" is the biggest issue? Whats wrong with these action shots? Please elaborate.

Like i said, there was no processing done. That is an easy fix in photoshop. thanks.

My biggest issue with the pics is the composition - it is ugly. Like I said check out the other recent golf thread in this section of the forum. Sure you can alter the exposure PP and a whole bunch of other things but if your initial shot is ugly then you are stuck with it. Don't ask me to define ugly - just look at pro shots and compare to yours and try different angles and focal lengths.

Ask yourself if YOUR golf shots would stand up next to others in the same genre. Compare, contrast, practice and learn and keep posting images up here and keep asking questions.

^^ No need to rip apart a first try.

Most reactions

Back