Good afternoon, people.

nynfortoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello there — just thought I'd finally register and introduce myself after a while of lurking around.

I'm Gaz, living in the UK as a Web Designer. I've been into photography for a couple of years, but have only recently started reading, reading, reading and practising a lot.

I bought a Canon Powershot S5 IS a while back as a step-up from my old compact before I got a DSLR; using it to figure out what the hell ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture etc. are, and get a feel for real composition.

So then, apparently having too much money, I went out and bought a Canon 40D (after reading reviews and opinions, and having a good go at it myself, of course) with a 17-55mm f/2.8 USM IS lens (bloody hell it's lovely).

Here's my first shot, taken at Beeston Castle, Cheshire. I loved the fairly strong lines leading from the leaves on the ground, up the exposed roots and straight up the tree. I wish I'd used a slightly smaller aperture, though, as I don't feel the focus is quite right. And I've a lot to learn now that I can shoot in RAW and do proper PP.

leavelines.jpg

So there we are. I hope to join in with some discussions and, of course, carry on reading my proverbial ass off.

Cheers.

Hello Gaz, and welcome to TPF. Lovely cam you've got! Hope to see more pics soon.

Gaz, welcome aboard and don't be shy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back