Good alternatives to the 35mm 1.8G?

PaulWog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm taking my lens in for servicing this weekend or next (FINALLY!), but I have to anticipate for the worst: If the lens comes back and it doesn't perform consistently, I'll have to get rid of it at a bit of a loss (whatever someone would pay for a lens like that). My 35mm 1.8G has started to squeak (I've been using it in live-view mode to focus, only way it has worked for me).

So when I get the 35mm 1.8G back, if it doesn't work out, what do you think might be the best option? Give another 35mm 1.8G a try? Or is there another lens with the same general purpose that I should take a look at? Possibly the 30mm f1.4 Sigma? I intend to purchase a 50mm 1.8G, which some might say serves the same purpose as the 35mm 1.8G, so that is something I'm keeping in mind.

I *love* the lens (though I hate the busy circular bokeh it can produce at times). When a shot is composed properly on the lens, it's just amazing. I don't think I can do without the focal length, and it has made me appreciate (and want) wider focal length fast aperture lenses all-the-more, despite my love for telephoto focal lengths as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back