good books 4 D80?

Devananda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys & gals I am looking for some good books to help me with my photog..
trying to under stand my nikon D80 better.
was hoping to find more info on what modes to shoot in. the whole IS0-shutter speed -apture thing..
any advise
thanks

That is not something specific to the D80...or even digital cameras. Pick up a book on general photography...I hear plenty of recommendation for 'Understanding Exposure'.

easy. Aperture is how much light is let in the lens...the smaller the number the more like...shutter speed lets in more light by keeping the shutter open longer. This also blurs the image because it keeps capturing light while you move the camera slightly (camera shake)...and ISO is the sensitivity of the sensor. It is more sensitive to light so you can take pics in a darker area. This adds noise however, so it's usually only used as a last resort.

Also, you don't need a D80 book. You want a general photography book. I don't know any good ones, but I'm sure someone will say something soon.

I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly... If you want more info on ISO/aperture/shutter speed/etc. then a general photography book will help. If you want something to augment your D80's user manual, you might want to try the "Nikon D80 Digital Field Guide". I haven't used it myself, but a couple of people I know liked the Digital Field Guide series.

The manual is awesome. I have read it like....4 times now lol, still have to refer to it from time to time.

I agree with the above... you would be better served by a general book on photography or digital photograpy, which would teach you essential concepts that can be applied not only to the D80 but to any SLR you use.

For specific questions on the workings of the D80, the manual should do just fine.

If you still want something specific to the D80, I believe Thom Hogan sells e-Books, and he usually knows his way around a Nikon. But really you'd be best starting off with a general introduction to photography.

thanks for all the advice, however I have read a few genral books on photog. just need to learn how to work my d80 and understand it better.
I like the filed guide to the d80
thanks

Most reactions

Back