GOOD camera for application?

mdsdurango

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
I need to purchase a good (not the cheapest, not the very best) camera with a wide angle lense to photograph architectural shots. I'd like to be certain that I am not limited should I decide to get into some cooler shots; night, artsy, I don't know what else is possible until,,,
Not really interested in a DSLR for the bulk. My current research has me headed toward the Canon PowerShot G10. Wide angle, manual ability, point and shoot ability, small enough to carry in a coat pocket.

Any negitive comment toward this camera. Will I be happier with this higher end camera than I would be with - say a Nikon Coolpix S610?

Thanks,

Mike

I know the guy who runs Strobist was impressed by the PowerShot G7 but he did mention noise on the 10meg so I'd say the G10 is likely to be noisier as I assume the package is a similar size.

It seems a very capable camera BUT your probably not going to have much luck on night shots due to noise above ISO200.

Canon Powershot G7 review on Flickr - Photo Sharing! might help also.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skandymicky/1406846309/sizes/o/ is a night shot - at full size.

Flickr: Camera Finder: Canon: PowerShot G7

Most reactions

New Topics

Back