Good Camera for DragonCon

Scopi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd say that about 90% of the photos I take in a year I take at DragonCon, a big sci-fi/fantasy/nerd convention in Atlanta. I'm looking for a point-and-shoot to use there this year, something I can carry in a pocket but that will give me pretty good pictures indoors.

I was looking at the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7, which I like because it has GPS, but I'm not sure how well it shoots indoors. Anyone know? Also, does the GPS work well indoors?

What point-and-shoots are good indoors and in low-light? I'm looking for something that costs around $300.

Thank you very much!

I am no expert but I don't believe a GPS unit will work indoors or at least not very well. As far as your point and shoot camera, when I was looking for one, I went to Best Buy (or what ever store near you that has a large selection of camera's) and took some pics and really looked at them to see if it meet me needs, you are already in the kind of place where you intend to take pics so if it does not look good in the store, will not look go at the Geek Fair. (just a pun sorry). P&S change so often you just have to check out them out. Open box specials close outs etc, can be a cost effective way to get a feature rich camera on the cheap.

A trip to Best Buy was on my agenda today, just for the reason that I want to get an idea what size a lot of these cameras I'm reading about are. The problem with Best Buy is that the lighting conditions don't come close to matching the ones I find in the con hotels, so test shots there won't tell me much.

In most cases, you are likely to use flash when shooting indoors (unless it's really bright). And most digi-cams have a built-in flash so they should work fine for you. Unfortunately, the built-in flash on any camera isn't going to be the most artistic way to get your light, but that's what you get.

When choosing a $300 pocket camera; the fit, feel and maybe the features should be what you look at...because they are pretty much similar beyond that. I'd recommend sticking with a good 'photo' brand like Canon, Nikon, Pentax or even Sony.

Most reactions

Back