Good Deal? Canon EOS Elan II

Uselessdreamer1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I have a chance to but this camera online. heres what comes with it.

1. A Canon EOS Elan II Camera Body in Super Shape

2. A Phoenix 2X Teleconverter to bring your shots up close

3. A Canon BP-50 Battery Pack (helps save you money on expensive camera batteries!)

4. A Tamron 70-300mm f4 to f5.6 Zoom Lens (used with the teleconverter, were talking power!)

I am currentally using a Canon EOS Rebel K2 with various lens'. I was wondering if this camera would be a good backup/Main camera. Ive head good stuff about the Elan series so hopeing this is a good package. I know they guy whos selling it so i know its been taken care of. I suspect that the package will go for 170-250. IS THIS WORTH IT?

Bear in mind that with a 2x TC you'll drop a couple of stops. I would suspect that the results of the 70-300 at 2x will be iffy and dark, you'll be at f11 at 600mm, which is very much tripod territory.

$170 isn't a lot of money, but there might be better deals out there for you?

Rob

The Elan cameras are pretty nice, although the Elan II is fairly old now.

I'm not sure of the value, if it's in good shape then $170 sounds good but $250 sounds average. Check E-bay for finished auctions.

Rob is right, that lens with that TC will be hard to use. Autofocus definitely won't work with that TC and that lens. Although manual focus can still make it somewhat usable.

I went ahead and got the camera. I got it for 200 even, 215 with shipping and insurance! Im excited to add another camera to my side! Thanks for all you help guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back