Good deal?

You are looking at $650 for a new one with kit lens. So would be $200 off new price. Its a deal if it works as its supposed to. Is it near you so you can look it over before you buy?

Unfortunently, no. Should I not trust it then? I could always get it in writing that he will refund if it doesn't work, couldnt i?

People make deals like this all the time now a days. Just make sure you have yourself covered. Unfortunately unless you know the person there is no way to tell if they are honnest or not. Ask a few questions. Save his replies. If it does not come as he described. Then you can make arrangements to get a refund. I buy used stuff all the time on ebay, but nothing very pricey. Although eBay makes it seem like you have alot of resources for the buyer, it is actually set up as a sellers market and the protections are not that great for buyers.

I say ask some more questions. Make sure everything works. No cracks from being dropped. Not alot of excessive hot pixels (all cameras will have some). Shutter works fine (not worn out). Just a good general condition of the camera. If it sounds good. Then get it.

Most reactions

Back