Good hosting website...

hollisterguyo7

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Whats a good hosting website to make a photography page to advertise my pictures? I know im looking at around 100$ for a year which is fine but is there one that you guys would highly recommend....?

Use Just host. 76 a year with free domain reg. Unlimited space and domain hosting. I am running 8 websites of one hosting package at 76 a year. I have almost 30 gigs online.

hostgator.com - highly rated and the best hosting i've ever used, and i've used several.
:thumbup:
I switched to them last year and have been completely happy.

Web hosting pad works good for me i pay 49$ a year and have unlimited everything. services are good from them and are vary helpful

I use webhosting pad, costs about $40 a year free domain name.

Zenfolio.com you can set your own pricing and if you fulfill orders yourself they only take a 4% cut. You can sell digital files and if you use Mpix as the lab your clients can get framed prints, canvas's, standouts and a bunch of other products too.

You can get $5 off if you use my referral # down in my siggy ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓. I get $5 off too.

You may have noticed by now: there are many well thought of web hosting sites.

Your best bet is to:
  • visit many of them
  • note what they offer (or don't offer)
  • compare based on your notes
  • and then make your own decision on what seems will work best for you.

You may have noticed by now: there are many well thought of web hosting sites.

Your best bet is to:
  • visit many of them
  • note what they offer (or don't offer)
  • compare based on your notes
  • and then make your own decision on what seems will work best for you.

Keith, If this is not true, I do not know what is.

I started looking at blog host sites and setup, and I realize it may take me a month or more to decide. I hate getting burnt by this kind of stuff. The choices are almost overwhelming.

Like you said, search, search, take notes, search some more and then get more confused.:confused: :mrgreen:

I have started here
Web Hosting Rating - Best Website Hosting Providers 2010

and here
Best Blog Hosting - Who's best for weblog hosting? Find top rated web host for blogs

I will keep you guys informed as to what/how I decide.

I am curious, how did you decide on the ones you chose to go with???

I have used :: Below $10 Hosting :: in the past and highly recommend them. There was zero downtime when I used them (about a year and a half from 2006-2007) and when I called to cancel my account (a friend of mine gave me dedicated server space) there were no questions asked.

Unless your site is huge with massive amounts of traffic, all you'd need is the cheapest plan at $5/mo.

i'd suggest also getting hosting in the same country you live in..with 24/7 telephone support. very frustrating to have a delay during signup or problem getting a response with only an email point-of-contact that never replies.

research up-to-date customer reviews of a prospective hosting provider. some have excellent reputations then get taken over by new owners and become unreliable and unhelpful.

Out of the many posts, this one attract my attention.
I believe it is possible for anyone to participate.
Excellent ! I like it very much.

Most reactions

Back