good lens around $200?

ILikeToTakePhotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi! In a few weeks, I am going to get the Canon T3i body. When I get it, I will have access to an 18-55 kit, and the 50mm f/1.8. My birthday is on July 15th, and I'm going to get (probably a bit earlier) the Opteka 6.5mm fisheye. after all of this, I will have about $200 that I wouldn't mind putting towards an all-purpose lens for my 1 month vacation this summer (I won't have access to the 18-55mm and the 50mm). I was wondering if you guys would know a good lens that I should get... I'm thinking of maybe getting the 55-250mm from canon.

My trip is going to be a drive from Ottawa, Canada down to Las Vegas, Nevada. So there will be many nature trips etc.

Since "good" is subjective and you're obviously new to photography...just get something with a nice range of zoom that you can afford. Possibly look at 3rd party companies, like tamron, sigma ect... In reality you won't get a "good" lens for $200 unless you steal it and happen to drop the $200 on accident.

Sent from Erics iPhone! (2) Nikon D300 50mm 1.4, 17-55 2.8, 70-200 2.8VRII, 24-70 2.8, 85mm 1.4, (2) SB900

Sorry for a slight hijack of the subject but have you considered resizing your signature? I have a feeling that if it's not addressed, it will be, by the mods.

Thanks.

And BTW, if you want a 'good' lens you need to dish out more than $200. Otherwise you will end up with a mediocre lens delivering sub mediocre images. Now, they might be good enough for you if you're just an occasional shooter, i.e. a 'Sunday shooter' and not a serious hobbyist. A good lens which might get you happy is the 55-200 EF-S by Canon, roughly $200 shipped. CLICK HERE.

The best way to fix the signature is to simply put the user on your ignore list.

No, I could fix it but I wanted to give him/her a chance to do so. ;)

Sorry for a slight hijack of the subject but have you considered resizing your signature?

if you want a 'good' lens you need to dish out more than $200. Otherwise you will end up with a mediocre lens delivering sub mediocre images.

there, fixed my signature :/ and yeah, I'm not planning on being a pro photographer... I'm mostly going to be doing video... so quality won't madder AS much...

Sorry for a slight hijack of the subject but have you considered resizing your signature?

if you want a 'good' lens you need to dish out more than $200. Otherwise you will end up with a mediocre lens delivering sub mediocre images.

there, fixed my signature :/ and yeah, I'm not planning on being a pro photographer... I'm mostly going to be doing video... so quality won't madder AS much...

failure.

Please make your sig less obnoxious

Most reactions

New Topics

Back