Good lens to complete my bag.

reaper7534

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a older body and just started adding some lenses to it. As of right now I have the following :

Canon XSi/450D
18-55mm kit lens, non IS
Tamron 90mm macro
Canon 50mm 1.8

i enjoy macro, but I have nothing in the telephoto range. I like shooting moving objects, so something relatively quick, mostly daytime shooting. I plan to get upgrade the body some day, so EF mount only. Don't really have a budget in mind, but no L glass. Third party is fine.

thanks

You need something in the 200-300mm range.

EF-S 55-250mm, nice affordable telephoto

Around the 600 dollar mark, the 70-200 looks interesting, looking at 200-400 now

How about a Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM Lens 2578A002 B&H Photo Video Its down to $559.00 now for a new one (you have to add it to your cart to see the real price).... Hell of a lens for the money.

This is an excellent suggestion, I was about to recommend that myself. With your 1.6 crop factor it will go up to 320 equivalent, which is plenty. Remember though that it does not have IS. I have this lens, and I end up shooting at 1/200s or faster when zoomed in, which is not fun when light is scarce. But with your budget of $600 and your zoom requirement, this is a complete no-branier...you will be extremely happy with the images you get.

By the time I decided to buy, the sale was over. I ended up picking up a new 24-105mm F4 L yesterday along with a 7d. Figured I need. Good daily lens before zooming. Now have to decide between he 70-200mm L or efs 10-22.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back