Good looking dog

Any hoot...back to the OP. That's a very cool shot!

I’m not from Valley Head, but my wife’s sister lives there, and we’ve gone out there a number of times. Those names are familiar, does LRC have a waterfall?

There are three waterfalls close. The closest one to Valley Head would be Desoto, Little River Canyon Falls is right on Highway 35 at the start of the canyon. Further down is Martha's Falls. Further west toward Guntersville is High Falls.

Where you there in earlier years to see the historic Mentone Hotel? Such a fascinating, grand old building with its heart pine construction. The pitch laden wood was ultimately it's demise, when a fire broke out they couldn't contain it. The hotel and annex behind it went up rapidly.

There are three waterfalls close. The closest one to Valley Head would be Desoto, Little River Canyon Falls is right on Highway 35 at the start of the canyon. Further down is Martha's Falls. Further west toward Guntersville is High Falls.

Where you there in earlier years to see the historic Mentone Hotel? Such a fascinating, grand old building with its heart pine construction. The pitch laden wood was ultimately it's demise, when a fire broke out they couldn't contain it. The hotel and annex behind it went up rapidly.
I did not, but I've seen pictures. Looks like it would have been a beautiful place to photograph. The OP's wonderful dog would have fit nicely into that setting. :)

The OP's wonderful dog would have fit nicely into that setting

They probably would have felt more at home a few miles SE at Dogtown.

Apologize for the off track posts. I prefer the color, those eyes are INTENSE!

Most reactions

Back