Good Photo Location Storage Site

ksmattfish said:
flickr.com
Anyone know the limits on Flickr ? It seems to be showing the original size images or does it resize even the original ones if the original photo uploaded was above, say 2MB ?

Thanks

anjanesh said:
Anyone know the limits on Flickr ? It seems to be showing the original size images or does it resize even the original ones if the original photo uploaded was above, say 2MB ?

Thanks

Flickr is what I use, I paid the $25 or whatever for a yearly account with 2GB upload per month, unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, permenant archiving and no ads.

Now, back to your question, Flickr has a maximum photo size of 10MB, anything larger then that and they ask you to resize, not sure if they "make" you do it, but anything larger then 800px will pop up a box "This is a big ole photo, want to resize it", but you don't have to. I just uploaded a 2256x1496 image here, and it had no problem at all with it.

I've tried a bunch of different services, including running my own hosting, and this is the one I like the best. I dug hosting my own photos, but the flickr uploader is so easy to use, even easier then the Gallery2 java based one. And even though I have 8GB of storage and some God-awful amount of bandwidth (I use between 600mb - 900mb of bandwidth a month right now and it has yet to go beyond the '1%' mark of usage) I don't own the server I'm hosting on and I'm not using one of the big named hosts, so I don't totally trust them to constantly provide enough bandwidth for me trust them. Plus, I switch hosts every now and then, and it's a real pain in the ass to move around several gigs worth of data!

And there is the answer to your question somewhere in there... oh, right, max pic size of 10MB. I need to lay off the caffeine.

10MB per pic in Flicker ? Thats pretty good considering the fact that a 6MP camera is resulting in an avg 2.5MB size photo.

I waiting for Google's Photo Service - Im pretty sure they'll provide a lot of space.

I need to lay off the caffeine.
Helps the OPs in getting detailed replies doesnt it !

I use the Picasaweb service from google for storing some of my shots. I find it very easy to use and while I cannot do direct linking from there it is good for photo storage. I can embed albums anywhere that I can put html code.

Wow ! Did not know about picasaweb - knew abt picasa but thought it was another desktop-only app for arranging photos locally. Now, they also seem to have a new picasa tool called picasaweb-setup-beta.exe.

EDIT: Found more
webshots
box.net
eggdisk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back