good places for prints from a d70?

aeser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just got a d70 and i'm seriously loving the stuff i can do with this and would like to make some color and black and white prints of some of these shots, now what's a good place to do this online and how much would it run me? i'd like them bigger than 4x6, possibly 8x10.

also what is the best way to do this? save my RAW files as tiffs? what resolution? is 300 dpi best or should i go higher? is it essentially the higher the better? in which case do you know how many dpi a regular 6.1 megapixel nikon d70 RAW NEF image translates to?

thanks!

Chase said:
I've ordered prints from winkflash.com and was really happy with them. If I remember right, 8x10's are only $1.99 and the quality was great.

cool, thanks!
what type of file did you send them? how many dpi?

I have used Winkflash and gotten excellent results from them. My local Sam's Club does a really good job too.

Check out PEPhoto (pephoto.com). I've ordered 11x14's ($4.99+$2.99 S/H, 1-49 pictures) from them and they did an excellent job as well.

Bruce N.

Not the cheapest, but far from pricey, Adorama does a pretty good job. I send them 300dpi scans from film and get exactly what I see on my screen as far as color and brightness go.

If you have a local Costco that is where I would go. I typcally do 12x18 prints of Fuji Crystal Archive paper at a local Costco with 1 hour service. I pay $3.00 for a 12x18 print.

For 8x10 or larger I would not go lower than 280dpi without knowing what type of interpolation the printer software/hardware will do to your image. When I take prints in to Costco I save them as TIFFs @ 320dpi, 5814 x 3876 pixels. The only time I work with JPG is an images destined for the web.

Don't know what the typcial dpi for the D70 conversion from NEF to TIFF is, but I process Canon 10D RAW to 300dpi 3072 x 2048

DPCPrints.com lets you buy your prints at cost if you become a member ($25.00 a year, dunno monthly rate). I became a member for the challenge's, (dpchallenge.com) and getting the prints at cost is a welcomed bonus :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back