Fate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidhedgesphotography.carbonmade.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

Im looking into getting a light meter for christmas, and i was wondering if anyone could suggest one with reliable and accurate ambient light metering? My budget is around £150 i think (could be a bit more). Im generally more interested in the ambient side of things because i dont tend to work in a studio that much.

Any advice on makes to look into and places to buy would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

well the Polaris costs about £139 from memory BUT BUT The stunning Minolta range are about to hit the streets again under the Kenko brand!!!!

info here http://www.intro2020.co.uk/pages/kenkmet2.htm

all good UK shops can order them

There is a similar recent thread here: link.

The Kenko Minolta reincarnations have already appeared here. The KFM-1100 is only $230 (ie £115) from B&H. (=Minolta Auto Meter V F)

The KFM-2100 is the Minolta Flash Meter VI, and the 3100 is the ColorMeter III F.

The Sekonic L-308s is very capable, and Calumet sell it for £130. (Available for $190 in the US). The KFM-1100 is a more versatile meter, however.

With your budget I would consider a second-hand Sekonic L-558 or an L-508 because of the spot and incident capability.

Best,
Helen

Another vote for minolta.

is the sekonic L358 best for outdoor photography? i'm looking to get a light meter but don't do much studio/indoor photography.

I have the Sekonic L-308s and I like it. Simple with Flash meter (I use mine a lot).

Not sure if you meant reflective or incident but a wonderfully compact, shoe mount reflective meter is the voigtlander VC II. I've borrowed it a few times for use on older non-metering cameras (it sits perpetually on my tobuy list.. ). Works great a lot of function and well thought out design into such a small unit. I really like the shutter/aperture dials which make for easy reading at a glance.

L358 gets my vote too, its my next purchase in this hobby. It does a lot and has a built-in Pocket Wizard trigger as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back