Good quick breakfasts

Stick some bread in the toaster while your getting ready for crying out loud. At least two pieces will take you until morning smoko or have a piece of fruit mid morning. You'll spend a fortune on breakfast eating out all the time and have no money left to buy camera stuff :) If you're in so much of a hurry in the morning try getting up 15 mins earlier or prepare something before you go to bed.

manda said:
Tobes, you must have a really great metabolism, because thats the worst way to eat lol

It should be the complete opposite. Food is energy, you need to burn off energy through the day. So the more food you have earlier in the day, the better.

ya, i used to hate it. when in highschool and even through most of college, i used to try to gain weight. i went on a 3000 calorie a day diet, and gained nothing. drove me nuts. funny thing was, i would be trying to squeeze in the last 500 calories at the last minute- it's tough to eat that much in one day!
now, i love it. i can eat anything i want and never worry about gaining. i'm happy with my body now- not skinny, but certainly not overweight.

GerryDavid said:
Your late for work, so you skip breakfast to save time, but you go to the coffee shop to buy it? Doesnt that take longer to get to the coffee shop and order it and get to work than it would take you to make it at home? Hehe.

Yeah ya might think that! hehe Actually how it works is if I don't make it by 9, then I can't start until 9:15, so if I can tell I'm already gonna be late, then I say heck, I'm already late, might as well get a coffee! ;)

Hmm... you know what? I think I'm the last person who should give advice on healthy eating. My idea of a quick breakfast is a bowl of Uncle Bens Minute Rice. Toss some rice in a bowl, add a packet of chiken broth, water, and maybe some lemon juice or parsely flakes or margerine if you desire, then toss it in the microwave for three minutes. Quick and painless. Not exactly healthy though.

I am luckly we have a two full service cafeteria one in each building on opposite sides of the each street. Usually get an omelet with ham, cheese and mushrooms along with a diet coke. And then meet up with the breakfast club, nothing beats getting paid to eat breakfast :wink:

Ugghhh... Rice in the morning

I'm allergic to dairy, so I can't have any milk in my ceral. I have celliac spreu which means I can't have anything with wheat or oats, so that gets rid of the option of most cereal. Basically I eat whatever my body can tolerate. Plus I' m a sick bugger who could eat rice every meal of the day. :D Mmm... tasty.

Wow, Ormia, sounds like you're making the best of the situation. I do have some food allergies but they just stuff me up so sometimes I just put up with it.

My way around getting a latte when I'm running late is to get to work, swipe in, run a work errand, order latte on the way, finish errand, pick up latte. (There's an espresso stand in the building and on my floor!) It works for me!

ormia said:
Ugghhh... Rice in the morning

celliac spreu

that disease is horrible!!! i had to get tested to see if i had it....turns out EVERYTHING makes me ill in the tummy. im sorry to hear that!!! you are making the best of it though!

md

that disease is horrible!!! i had to get tested to see if i had it....turns out EVERYTHING makes me ill in the tummy. im sorry to hear that!!! you are making the best of it though!

I just found out last year around Christmas. I hate it, but what are you going to do. I'm just glad I finally found out what was making me feel so cruddy all of the time. My Mom has had it since around the time she was my age, so she knows what brands of glutten free products are disgusting and what stuff is tollerable. It sucks hard not being able to eat the wonderful wonderfulness that is pizza and pasta, but you work around it. What's really going to suck is going to college next september. Ramen noodles and Kraft Dinner aren't goign to be an option. Blah.

Anywho, back to quick breakfast food. Grabbing an apple on your way out the door isn't the most filling option, but sometiems it's better than nothing.

am luckly we have a two full service cafeteria one in each building on opposite sides of the each street. Usually get an omelet with ham, cheese and mushrooms along with a diet coke. And then meet up with the breakfast club, nothing beats getting paid to eat breakfast

OMELETS! Now that's the best breakfast food ever. I suck at making them though. I either give up and make it into some sort of scrambled egg thingy, or I end up with a burt peice of crud trying to pass itself off as an omelet. Maybe I'll luck out next year and my caff will have the option of omelets. Not sure about your choice of beverage though Jeff. Diet Coke and eggs. *shudder* To each their own!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back