Good / reputable online Canadian stores?

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been looking into buying some equipment online and I am running into a few obstacles as most sellers either ship only to the US or have a hefty charge when shipping out of the US.

Does anyone have any links to good online sellers in Canada?

Merci!! :mrgreen:

Henry's
Don's Photo's
Vistek

You can google for their web sites...

Just for the heck of it check the prices at B & H and do the US/Can currency conversion. Sometimes it pays to shop cross border, sigh...

Cheers, Don

I live in Calgary and have ordered from B&H, do your homework before you buy to make sure you are actually saving money. We ordered a lens and a whole bunch of accessories about a month ago and saved about $400. But tonight we are going down to Vistek to pick up a Epson viewer because we would pay more ordering it.

Montreal, huh?

Simon's cameras.

http://www.simonscameras.com/

It will cost you a lot more than if you come across to the South Shore and drive the 20 min across to the US side, though. ;)

Sometimes it pays to shop cross border, sigh...

It left me with $390 more in my pocket just for the cost of my 85mm F/1.4 lens, that's for sure. I spent $15 in gas and 2 hours driving time to save that money.

No, it often pays to shop across the border. Canadian prices SUCK.
Not with todays exchange rate. And check about warranties if they are valid in Canada. But still do your homework. B&H may not ship an item across the border if it voids the warranty or is considered grey market.

Last edited:
I just ordered from Camera Canada. It wasn't that bad. 3 days.

They use Xpresspost. I read online they suck. Items would get lost, etc. Mine was fine though. 50mm f/1.8 with En-El3e battery.

PS: I was gonna buy frmo B&H but I was afraid of suprise charges like delivery, taxes, etc. Vancouver btw.

Thanks for the links everyone, much appreciated.

And Jerry, i actually live in Brossard, so its not a long drive to get down to Plattsburgh.

Just hard checking out amazon.com and seeing the battery grip for my XSI at under $100 and them not shipping here. :(

I'll definatly check out what you guys posted.
Merci!

I have used Camera Canada a few times and got great service and prices each time...

Also... because it was coming from another province you only pay one tax... ;)

Don't forget McBains. They will price match and ship anywhere.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back