Unimaxium

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Northeastern University, originally from Philly
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just tried out my first roll of good slide film the other day, and I must say I am quite impressed. The film was Fuji Provia 100F. I would have gone for Velvia 50 to try, but the store was out of it because they had sent their stock back to Fuji due to it having passed its expiration date. But I've been meaning to try Provia too anyway. So here are a few shots from the roll.

The North side of City Hall:
CityHallCloseup.jpg

The South side of City hall (they have cleaned everything but the south side in a recent rennovation project, so this side looks a lot dirtier than the rest. But I am assuming they will finish the job this summer)
DirtyCityHall.jpg

One more of City Hall (Northwest corner IIRC)
CityHall.jpg

I like the way the subject here is about the only thing exposed. I don't remember why this happened; it could have just been that I had my camera set to overexpose as I had been doing some shots with backlighting just before.
Waiting.jpg

A mosaic art thing:
Isiahic1.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments are welcome as always :)

The second city hall shot is the best of those, funny how the dirtiest part of the building is the most photogenic :)

I also really like your over-exposed save the subject shot. Excellent "accident"!

A really nice series. I especially like the last 2 shots, and there's something about the overexposed shot that keeps me looking at it. I guess sometimes breaking the rules has some interesting outcomes. Great work!

Very good job. I love them all. Those buildings are fascinating and the rest just unique. :D

I'm glad you all like them. I was wondering how the overexposed one would go over; I liked it, but I wasn't sure if everyone else would get it. The first two I also really like. You should see the full-res versions. They're so detailed. Provia is a pretty awesome film.

I love Provia! That's really the only slide film I use, mainly because it's one of the cheapest and best in 120. However, I usually rate it at ISO 80 to overexpose it a bit, since it's usually a bit dark (just as they do with Velvia). This is especially the case with shadows.

Many of the pro-labs by my college always ask if I want to push the Provia film a stop without me even asking.

Wow, great slide film and photographer :) Love these imagines, excellent colors and composition.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back