Good tripod?

catweh00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,
I need a good, sturdy tripod to handle wildlife photography with a 300mm f/2.8 lens (I dont have that, but just wishing). I know they are usually $150+++, but can anyone offer some good suggestions. What about Amvona? I heard they were nice, but cheaper than Bogen.
Thx in advance,
Craig

I don't know anything about Amvona, but I've been using a Bogen tripod for going on 8 years, and it's worth the money. I've dragged it through the woods and mountains, it's been dropped in lakes, used as a walking stick, stuffed into luggage, and generally mistreated, and it still holds my heaviest cameras solidly.

Another one for bogen/manfrotto ( same company ). They are bomb proof.... which is also why you should consider a used one. Legs + head for around $100 should be obtainable if you search hard enough. I have two and I am totally happy with both. My 3011 pro legs with 3030 3-way head was found at a camera swap for $35. It was the older version without adjustable leg stop and twist locking mechanisms. Yeh... scratches... but who cares...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back