Good Zoom lens or starter lens for a beginner. Canon T2i

Drumbum27

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,
I have a Canon T2i with kit lens and am fairly new to photography. I am looking for a good second lens but have a budget of only $200. I am open to other brands such as sigma and tamron as long as its a good lens. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you :)

I have a Canon 50mm f1.8 II that I picked up boxing day and the same camera. I've hardly taken it off since I bought it. It's about $129. But, I have to ask. what type of shots you are taking and what do you feel you can't accomplish with the kit lens?

Well I travel a lot and like doing a lot of nature photography so I would like something with a little more range then the kit lens provides...........
I have a Canon 50mm f1.8 II that I picked up boxing day and the same camera. I've hardly taken it off since I bought it. It's about $129. But, I have to ask. what type of shots you are taking and what do you feel you can't accomplish with the kit lens?

I seriously advise that you give the Forum Search a try. You wouldn't believe how many other people have asked this question; if you combined all the responses, ideas and comments based around your question then you could probably write a book!

I know it might seem that nobody has asked the exact same question, even though they have, there's so much information here that you could probably come up with hundreds of answers.

Try searching for things like "landscape lens", "which lens?" or even "new lens?". It's quicker than waiting for people to respond here.

You'll probably find that a lot of the veterans here challenge you about the kit lens limitations so you better have a good reason to upgrade!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back