Goodbye D750

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Its been a while since I posted here last, since I got into wedding photography and videography plus my daily job I simply have no time.
Anyways, for 4 years my beloved D750 has been my main work horse, loyal reliable friend.
I don't have enough words to say how hard this camera worked, well over 200K actuations and alas I must let it go, retire the old lady.
Due to weird electronic issues I simply cant trust it anymore but I accept it with love, it has worked far more then it was designed to.

I would like to share 4 years of experience with it for anyone who want to consider buying a D750
First amazing low light performance
Excellent AF system
In my experience very reliable
Was always great value for the money
Love the tilting screen

Any negatives ?
Well I guess it all depends of expectation, the D750 did all that I expected it to do, nothing more, nothing less so for me it was a pure pleasure, compared to cameras like the Sony A7III I guess it looks obsolete but it is 4 years old tech and still I think can performed brilliantly.

To all who wonder what camera did I replace it with . I really was hoping to get the new Z6 as I need hybrid camera and the Z6 seems like the perfect choice but alas ONE memory card ?
BIG no-no for wedding photography.
So I found a great deal on a used D800 which will take the D750 place till Nikon will (hopefully) come out with a Z6 replacement with 2 memory card slots.
Why didn't I get another D750 ?
I have the D850 and I found it confusing to move from one camera to the other in the fast pase work environment of a wedding, having roughly same button layout will be helpful and make my work flow faster.

Glad that your wedding business is keeping you busy. Weirdly, this is the 2nd Ode to the 750 post today, lol. @Vtec44 also professed his undying love for this model.

Glad that your wedding business is keeping you busy. Weirdly, this is the 2nd Ode to the 750 post today, lol. @Vtec44 also professed his undying love for this model.
Oh I love my D750, will miss it a lot.
I was sure the Z6 will be its replacement, but ONE memory card :(

Weirdly, this is the 2nd Ode to the 750 post today, lol. @Vtec44 also professed his undying love for this model.

Which I find weird because personally I hated my D750 for the short time I had it. The button layout and top LCD were worse than the D7100 it replaced, and the D500 that I used side by side with it outperformed it in every category, including high iso performance.

Many people say the D750 is better in low light, but I didn’t see it.

I’m glad so many people love it, but personally I just wasn’t a fan of it.

Undying love is a bit pushing it hahaha I went the opposite, going from D800 to D750.

I loved my D750 also until the shutter failed during a shoot. Nikon replaced the shutter and sensor for free, but when I got it back I thought it best to part with it. The button layout on my D500 made going back and forth between cameras tricky also. I sold my D750 and picked up a D810 for a steal. Much happier now.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Button layout, I find it interesting how different people like different design, I always found my D7100 and D750 button layout much better to work with then the D850 and now D800. I am not crazy about it but as I said jumping from one to the other was too confusing causing me sometimes to freeze trying to think how I make a change so I decided to go with roughly same button layout, to each his own I guess.

Weirdly, this is the 2nd Ode to the 750 post today, lol. @Vtec44 also professed his undying love for this model.

Which I find weird because personally I hated my D750 for the short time I had it. The button layout and top LCD were worse than the D7100 it replaced, and the D500 that I used side by side with it outperformed it in every category, including high iso performance.

I believe astroNikon will disagree with you, he had the D500 and D750 and he showed pretty well how the D750 is superior to the D500 in low light, he sold the D500 and kept the D750

I believe astroNikon will disagree with you, he had the D500 and D750 and he showed pretty well how the D750 is superior to the D500 in low light, he sold the D500 and kept the D750

Yeah, him and I have debated it several times and we still disagree. I had both and used them side by side as well.

Yeah, him and I have debated it several times and we still disagree. I had both and used them side by side as well.
I briefly had a D750 in the summer of '17 and was not a fan. AF wasn't good enough for what I shoot and drove my 500 F4 too slow. I also can't stand the the button layout of the D7k/D750 series. Sold it with 4k clicks on it.. Much happier with the D810 personally..

Well, I stopped shooting for a while as life's secondary things were put on hold for health. The D500 & D750 was money just gathering dust. So I sold one for needed $$. I would have kept it if I could .. the fps & AF was awesome as I stated in the past. If I was a birder primarily I would have sold the D750. But for my uses it was reversed.

Well, I stopped shooting for a while as life's secondary things were put on hold for health. The D500 & D750 was money just gathering dust. So I sold one for needed $$. I would have kept it if I could .. the fps & AF was awesome as I stated in the past. If I was a birder primarily I would have sold the D750. But for my uses it was reversed.
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that, are hope you are ok and feeling well.

In my case photography took off to places I never believed, I juggle 2 jobs now with my wedding photography and videography and it is very hard especially at wedding season, I really enjoy the photography part but the pressure is really not easy.

I have a d750 and a d7500. IMO the d750 is 1 to 2 stops better in low light. They both focus about the same and the d7500 beats the pants off the d750 for sports and wildlife. If I could only have one, I would keep the d7500 and let the d750 go .

I have a d750 and a d7500. IMO the d750 is 1 to 2 stops better in low light. They both focus about the same and the d7500 beats the pants off the d750 for sports and wildlife. If I could only have one, I would keep the d7500 and let the d750 go .
My main use was low light sports .. so the D750 was preferred as the D5 was a tad too much money.

I have a thread here from probably 2 years ago about the D750 vs D500 in indoor soccer in bad low light. I also used both for at our stadium at night, once again the D750 won. I found out a lot about light falloff on the edge of the field though, quite noticeable for both cameras.

The low light scenarios I was in was just a bit out of reach of the D500 (using the same shutter speed and Aperture f/2.8). I started doing weddings too and both were fine. Then I had to drop everything. I'm just now starting to dabble taking pics of passing airplanes, some moon/ sunrises/ clouds that I always enjoy. But man, is the camera heavy now. LOL

I've been borrowing a D7200. but have thought of buying one myself or a d7500 - can't afford the d500.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back