Goodbye to Polaroid

old news. They are going to make digital cameras.

Also Fuji will continue to make Polaroid film. So if you still have a camera or a polaroid back for your Hasselblad your fine.

old news. They are going to make digital cameras.

Also Fuji will continue to make Polaroid film. So if you still have a camera or a polaroid back for your Hasselblad your fine.

Fuji will continue to make instant film, but they don't make instant sheet film in either 4x5 or 8x10 at the moment, and they don't make as wide a variety as Polaroid did. They may, of course, choose to expand their range into instant sheet film. There is an announcement promised for early next month.

Best,
Helen

yup.. Helen is right...

no one is making the alternative to the TimeZero film either... which pretty much means the end of polaroid manipulations as a netch artistic form.

The film era is pretty much has come to an end. This is the same fate as the VHS video format.

I bought a panasonic video camera, state of the art camera that use VHSC cassete. I still have it now and it works perfect with top class image reproduction. Regardless what is the result - I know the time has come for me to find the hard drive video camera, or at least a DVD format.
It is pain in the neck to rewind or fast forward the cassete to find specific moment.

Good bye VHS and good bye film, and please just go peacefully.:lol:

Yeah I have to agree with usayit, film is still very much alive and kicking. Its not as popular, but far far far from dead.

Personally I think film will always exist it'll just be more of a niche product. The same way you can still buy records and a lot of people feel their a better media ... just not as popular.

Whatev... to each their own.

I guess since film is dead, I better go and get rid of my film cameras and buy a digital that will be obsolete in less than a year. Any one want to buy a freezer full of Velvia?

lol that sounds like a dream come true jwkwd, a freezer full?! I need to start buying a bunch of film lol. I hear that velvia is pretty saturated too, *drools* lol

The film era is pretty much has come to an end. This is the same fate as the VHS video format.

I bought a panasonic video camera, state of the art camera that use VHSC cassete. I still have it now and it works perfect with top class image reproduction. Regardless what is the result - I know the time has come for me to find the hard drive video camera, or at least a DVD format.
It is pain in the neck to rewind or fast forward the cassete to find specific moment.

Good bye VHS and good bye film, and please just go peacefully.:lol:

You mean Betamax is returning?

I wish polaroid wouldn't bother with digital cameras either. I have not seen one with quality come through my job yet and it really bugs me when i tell the guest "Polaroids are the most returned camera because they break, it cost more than this canon, the photos it produces are not nearly as good as the canon either" guest: "yeah, but i like it because it is pink... Its so cute, i mean... its not that bad is it? its the only pink camera you guys have" "ill take the polaroid".

/rant

I am not a user of the polaroid film and have moved into the digital world completely.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back