GoPro in Hot shoe?

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there a specific reason for mounting a gopro in the hot shoe of a DSLR? Is it for recording simultaneous video on a photo shoot or recording two views of a video? What about a point and shoot up there? I've seen that as well. Just curious... I have a gopro hero 4 black edition and a canon 80D as well as an olympus tough tg-820 iHS. Maybe it will bring me into an interesting section of photography? lol

There could be several reasons.
Video + stills would be one, different focal lengths another and a simple backup is a third. There will be some more exotic reasons too, such as shooting IR on one body.

"Fro knows Photo" does this all the time to show how he is taking photos, and recording him talking, etc. So he can create his commentary at the same time he is shooting and you can see the action he is shooting. Then later merges that video with image reviews, etc.

I'm actually going to do this tonight at an indoor soccer game :)

Well. that was interesting. The UW lens on my action camera does not make a very good distance recorder. Surprisingly, they *added* more lighting to the place.

I did it once myself. It's a great idea if you do any kind of videos or vlogs for YouTube.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back