Gorgeous 16 year old!

Taralyn Romero

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Two shots from my first model session - studio area was an unfinished basement and white background was from my reflector . . C&C welcome.

I know the name on the watermark is different from the one I use here - I got married!!!! Sorry I had to use a watermark at all but I was told that some people out there steal other peoples photographs . . made me all sad. Not that anyone here would but ya know, just wanted to protect my work.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Allmodelsmall.jpg

Modelperfectcopysmall.jpg

I understand the watermark thing - I do it too. ;)

I think the second one is just smashing - and I never use that word. :)

The second one is really nice - I think the background is perfect whereas the bright white in the first one isn't doing it for me.

She is pretty and the shots are ok... but she has a nose that you have to be careful how you light her face or it makes it seem a very narrow and long. In the 2nd shot the highlight on the right side (her right side) causes her nose to blend in with her face, which results in a line down the middle that makes her nose look half the width that it is. The pose is good and I love her hair although if the bare shoulder was less obvious it would help also. Maybe you can tone that down a bit so it doesn't complete for attention with the face?

Hopefully you took this as constructive, which is how I mean it to be.

Mike

Nice posing and lighting. I see this type of crop(in fashion) all the time. It works for mags but not if you're framing.
Nice work!!

Thank you everyone for taking the time to post - the cc is good. It was my first time with an actual model so I wasn't expecting to nail it on my first try. I know that I could've done a lot of things better (in hindsight).

Also, she was new to it - so, between the both of us, it was pretty funny - she didn't know how to pose and I wasn't much help in telling her.

Do you guys have any tips on achieving a good pose/look from the model? I didn't really know how to inspire her and just getting these shots was very hard. In many of them, her eyes were "dead".

Anyway, I'm rambling - and Mike Jordan, thank you for your suggestions . . I did darken her shoulder a bit below - maybe it works better now?

secondtry.jpg

Thank you SusieC - she was a VERY beautiful model, I felt very lucky to work with someone so photogenic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back