Gorgeous outdoor wedding + new blog design

Looks good... but i think you put wayyyyy to many photos. I closed it before I get to see all the photos because it was loading too slow.

You've got some nice images here, but like Robin said, you need to drop about 80% of them. The page is very laggy and many of the posted images aren't anything special. Post only your very best on the blog.

How proficient are you with your speedlight? A lot of your images would have benefitted from some bounced fill light...

AshleyS; I agree with Schwetty. Why not cull your portfolio and just post some of the good ones?

BTW: the first shot: Does that bridal gown really have a cutout just below the bustline? I hope it is simply an optical illusion. Regardless, you should not post something so wierd. Assuming you want to be hired by other clients.

Some (like the shot of the groom with someones arm in the foreground) need a crop.. not attractive as is. Some fill would have improved a lot of these (as mentioned)... you have some shadowing on some faces that is a bit too much. Overall they are nice shots.. congratulations!

I would look through.. and get rid of any similar shots! Use the quality, not quantity!

I WAITED until all the images loaded...and I looked at all of them, until I got to a massive image-pile-up at the bottom where tiny 1x1 inch pics stacked four across like cordwood appeared, then I closed the page. You have some very nice images, but also some rather weird, offbeat compositions that looked bad to me. The wedding's feel and vibe came through in the pics pretty well, or so I thought as an observer 3,000 miles away! The one thing that struck me though, in a very bad way, was the muddy black and white conversions; not sure how you are making these B&W conversions, but you desperately need a better,more-advanced method that would create some actual tonal differences across a wider range of tonal values...they all looked like simple "desaturate" one-clicks..very low in contrast, with almost no character to anything that ought to be rendered in a black and white manner. Wayyyyyyy too much "GRAY".
The principle of addition through subtraction would probably be a good one to keep in mind for this particular blog entry. Still, they will have some nice pics and some great memories due to YOUR pics.

I love the photo of you chimping. :D
Made me happy. haha

lovely pics... my fav would have to be the bride brushing the tear from her eye..

It is an amazing effort. Excellent composition throughout the whole series. There is a lot of artistic touch in your chosen angles. Really great series.

They all loaded just fine for me, not her fault if your computer is slow. They are all great!! You did an amazing job, you gave this couple a TON of great pictures from the wedding, they will be pleased!

AshleyS; I agree with Schwetty. Why not cull your portfolio and just post some of the good ones?

BTW: the first shot: Does that bridal gown really have a cutout just below the bustline? I hope it is simply an optical illusion. Regardless, you should not post something so wierd. Assuming you want to be hired by other clients.

Its just part of the belt. :) Nice Images OP! With the shot of the bride with her bare back holding the flowers, was there any correspondence about the scars?

Last edited:
Great looking blog, and great work, but yeah you need to edit yourself down! Put up the 10-25 absolute BEST images per wedding in chronological order and you're golden. I stopped at the one where the bride was stretching the panties...not very romantic and it comes off as funny to only those who were in the room with her.

The only people who post just about everything from a wedding on their blog are the people who don't get much work.

Most reactions

Back